If you receive the message “Action blocked“. This action has been blocked. Please try again later. “Or so, you are not alone. Many users have had the problem that I cannot follow contacts on Instagram.
In this article, you will learn why Instagram does not allow you to follow people and how to act accordingly to get Instagram to follow you.
- 1 What is an Instagram action blocking error?
- 2 Possible reasons why Instagram blocked the following people:
- 3 How long will Instagram follow blocked actions?
- 4 I am not able to follow people on Instagram: how to recover:
- 5 Contact Instagram Support:
What is an Instagram action blocking error?
If the Instagram algorithm detects suspicious activity, it is likely preventing the account from following, commenting, liking, or routing messages for a period of time to prevent spam. Different activities require different actions to unblock. So read on to find out what is the most likely cause of your problem. They can be blocked for no particular reason.
Possible reasons why Instagram blocked the following people:
The fact that Instagram blocked the tracking feature in the app may be due to something more complex than a simple programming error.
- You have followed many Instagram accounts in a short time. Instagram never officially announced the hourly tracking limit. In our test, we found that you are only allowed to follow less than 200 profiles per hour, but also less than 1000 per day. If you are using a new account, the tracking limit may be even lower.
- You liked a lot of photos from other profiles in a short time. The similar limit is similar to the tracking number limit.
- You shared your Instagram account and password with a service that is used to get more likes or followers, which is against the guidelines of the Instagram community. Usually, Instagram will ask you to reset your password as well.
- An indication of suspicious activity was detected. For example, you can often log in from different devices or a different IP address.
If you’ve actually taken any of these actions in the last few days, there’s not much you can do to unlock the Instagram follow feature unless the action block is paused.
It is also possible that it is blocked due to an error in the Instagram application. If so, now is the time to fix the problem.
How long will Instagram follow blocked actions?
Usually, Instagram indicates the blocking time of the tracking function in the error message. If not specified, the embargo period is usually between 6 hours and 7 days. If Instagram detects such common actions again, the next blocking period can be even longer, up to a month, or even lead to the cancellation of your account.
I am not able to follow people on Instagram: how to recover:
If you still don’t know why you can’t follow an account on Instagram, you can follow these troubleshooting steps to get the following back.
Delete the data in the Instagram application-
With regards to app errors, the first thing you’ll want to try is clearing your Instagram data and cache. If you are using the application on Android, go to Settings and navigate to the Applications section. From there, search for Instagram and click on Force Stop. Then go to Storage and tap on Clear Cache and Clear Data. For iOS users, you can remove the Instagram app and reinstall it from the AppStore.
After that, you may need to enter your Instagram account and password to log into the Instagram app. If there’s a bug in the app, it’s most likely gone, so you can easily follow anyone.
Reset Instagram password-
The above may not have worked. The next thing to try is to reset your password. If your account has been locked because Instagram discovers that you are logged into different locations, you may be able to unlock the tracking by resetting your password.
If Instagram hasn’t specified the time period for the auction block, resetting the password can usually restore your account.
Contact Instagram Support:
If the above methods do not work you can only contact Instagram support. If you see the Block action, you will likely see the Tell us option and tap on it. Then go to your profile tab and swipe left on the interface to access the Settings section. From there you can access help and eventually report a problem.
At this point, you can choose to send feedback or report a problem. Whichever option you choose, you need to describe the problem in detail and provide the appropriate screenshots to unblock Follow on Instagram. After that, you can expect a response in two to three days.