For the cleaning enthusiasts, a pressure washer is a relief for cleaning the mud, mildew, pollen, greasy film, and dried grass clippings. No more elbow grease! You can simply buy a pressure washer, and you can control the dirt and grime at one go!
Commonly two types of pressure washers are available in the market. One is electric operated pressure washer, and the other is the Gas pressure washer models. Although fuel type is different, both the variants work almost in the same way.
Hose and nozzles: the drivers of the machine
The hose and nozzle are two common components of a pressure washer. That is why it is important that you invest your time and research to buy the right hose and nozzle for your cleaning tool. Otherwise, there’s a high chance that your cleaning spree will not be the best or at par your expectation.
Quality has to be the best for buying a hose. It is good to buy a PSI rated hose because, in terms of durability, they will offer you better endurance. A good hose will endure the optimum performance of water supply and perfect performance of the nozzle.
Why is it important to find the right hose?
- The hose works are the supply line of the water for the pressure washer that washes off the grimes and dirt. Better will be the hose, efficiency of the machine will be boosted.
- A good quality hose will be long lasting and will not get unwanted leakage: longer service life will be better for its ROI.
- If you are using a power washer, do not compromise on the width of the hose. In fact, wider hoses can withstand high water force and stay stable from the risk of bursting.
- A longer hose it better to work with. A longer hose will add improved maneuverity to your cleaning job. You can keep your machine mostly fixed in a place.
How does the nozzle work?
The nozzle of the gas pressure washer as well as electric washer plays an important role in rendering cleaning output. It is also called the jet that releases water in high force to clean unwanted dust and debris.
Why is it important to find the right nozzle?
The right nozzle means exerting the right water pressure on the target. But different types of nozzles are found in the market. You need to select the right one for optimum performance and durability.
- Want to use water in a small and condensed dirty area for cleaning? You may try red colored zero degree nozzles. This is the best nozzle for using on concrete and metal body. It is a strict NO for the woody surface.
- The yellow-colored, 15-degree nozzle will help you to clean accumulated dirt, mildew or paint, and can be used on most of the surfaces: you may go for thus quality of nozzle if you are after doing everyday cleaning with your gas pressure washer or the electric operated one.
- Do you want to clean broader places like decks, sidewalks, and driveways? The green-colored, 25-degree nozzle is best for you.
- If you want to apply detergent treated water for cleaning your target, the low pressured black-colored nozzle is the ideal option for you.
- You should go for a rotating nozzle if you are using Mi-T-M pressure washers: these are costly but efficient.
- You may use long-range detergent nozzle if your target area is at around 30m distance from the ground and you want to apply detergent treated water for cleaning.
In short, if you are a cleaning freak and you want to relish the best cleaning output from your electric or gas pressure washer, you must take care of the nozzle and hose selection. You will cherish the cleaning performance for sure!