It is important to consider whether your car or the car you intend to purchase is able to pass a roadworthy inspection. This inspection is essential to ensuring the safety and efficiency of your vehicle regarding driving. Continue reading below to be informed of the checklist of items checked for the roadworthy inspection.
1. Braking Systems
The braking system must be in proper functioning in order to keep your safety a top priority when driving and preventing accidents. These have to work properly according to the guidelines listed below in order to pass the roadworthy inspection.
- Functioning brakes without wear.
- Parking and hand brakes are functional.
- Brake lights and horn function properly.
- No leaks or worn linings present.
2. Vehicle Body
It is important for the exterior and interior body of the vehicle to be inspected in order to ensure safety and proper functioning. Be sure that your vehicle is clean and free of significant damages.
- No structural damages, including securely fit bumpers.
- Tow-bars and mud-flaps are present as required.
- All latches and handles work properly.
- The flooring at the driver’s seat is free of blockages.
3. Vehicle Condition
A car must be in good condition to pass a roadworthy inspection. All parts of the vehicle should function properly, including accessories, and should not provide a distraction.
- The steering wheel and its cover should be suitable, as well as the rearview mirror.
- The pedals and control knobs should function properly.
- The horn functions properly, and the speedometer functions properly.
- Fuel caps seal as they should.
4. Light Requirements
The lights that must be in functioning order depend on your vehicle. It is important to note, however, that there are certain lights that are required to function on most vehicles listed below.
- Headlights and brake lights in good condition.
- Position lights are in a good position.
- Turn signals and plate lights work effectively.
- All lights fit correctly and are clean, without damage.
- All lights illuminate to the correct color.
5. Interior Safety
Interior safety regards the seatbelts and seating. Each seatbelt and seat, along with the accessories of the seat, will be inspected.
- Seatbelts are there for all seats and are secured.
- Seatbelts are free of damage, without sharp edges.
- The driver’s seat is free of damages that may distract.
- All seat sliders function correctly, and head restraints are secure.
6. Suspension and Steering
Suspension and steering help the vehicle in driving straight without wandering. It is important that all steering and suspension components are free of damages and secure to ensure your safety.
- There are no oil leaks in the power steering system.
- There is space between the suspension and body, with all joints free of damage.
- All seals, bearings, and mounts are in good condition.
- All absorbers are secure and free of damage.
- All shocks and struts are free of leaks
7. Tire Safety
Tires should be in good condition, along with all-wheel accessories. This will ensure your utmost safety when on the road.
- Tread is at least 1.5mm, and indicators do not display significant wear.
- Tires are the correct size.
- Retreaded tires must display that they are retreaded.
- There are no damages to the wheels or tires.
- A spare tire cannot be on the vehicle.
- Spokes are intact, wheels align with the body without touching and the correct number of lug-nuts and studs is present.
8. Glass Features
The final area that should be checked on your vehicle during the inspection is the glass features. These features include the windscreen and windows.
- There is no damage to the glass or alterations.
- There are proper windshield wipers.
- There are functioning washer jets.
- The tint is no more than 70% on the windscreen, and it has no tint in the primary vision area.
It is important to not only have an inspection done to your current vehicle, but it is important to have an inspection done to a vehicle you plan to purchase. This will ensure the safety of you and your family after purchase. When looking for pre-purchase car inspections Gold Coast, contact ASAP Roadworthys.
Lisa Eclesworth is a notable and influential lifestyle writer. She is a mom of two and a successful homemaker. She loves to cook and create beautiful projects with her family. She writes informative and fun articles that her readers love and enjoy.