What is a Cataract?
A cataract is a dense and cloudy area which forms inside our lens. The cataract is the protein which partially blocks the eyesight. Many people, after the age of 40, tend to have a cataract in their eyes. There is no medicine for the cataract. If a person develops a cataract, then he or she has to undergo surgery. The cataract treatment in our country is an ordinary operation.
What are the symptoms of a cataract?
A cataract develops slowly in your eye lens. There are various types of cataract and various symptoms also, but it is not necessary that everyone will develop the same symptoms. Get a check-up for cataract’s treatment if you have any symptoms as stated below.
- The vision will be clouded, dim or blurred.
- Increased difficulty in vision, especially during the night.
- The eyes will feel sensitivity to light.
- The vision will not be clear, especially while reading or watching something.
- Periodic transitions in eyeglass or contact lens medication
- Sometimes viewing two images in a single eye.
How many types of Cataracts are there?
There are four types of cataract. They are –
- Nuclear Cataracts: Nuclear cataracts create a problem in nearsightedness, and later the vision becomes yellow while reading anything. This type of cataracts treatment is common.
- Cortical Cataracts: A whitish as well as wedge-shaped opacities or streaks, form on the outer end of the lens cortex. Slowly, it blocks the vision.
- Posterior Subcapsular Cataract: It initially starts with a small and obscure area which basically shapes near the back of the lens and right in the path of light. Slowly, it blurs the vision. With cataract operation, you have a higher chance of getting your vision back.
- Congenital Cataract: These are genetic cataracts and are caused maybe due to neurofibromatosis or myotonic dystrophy.
How is Cataract formed?
The various types of cataract are formed, some behind the lens and some in the front area. The lenses in our eyes become less adaptable, less translucent and thicker. With ageing and other medical ailments problems, the tissues within the lens tend to tear down and tread jointly and blurring small areas within the lens.
There are various types of cataract. As the cataract proceeds to expand, the protein becomes denser and implicates an enormous part of the lens. The cataract starts scattering and blocks the vision as it ratifies through the lens. It curbs the sharp image from entering your retina. As a result, the vision becomes obscured. There is only one option for cataracts treatment which is cataract operation.
Having different types of cataract is a common problem faced mainly by those people who are suffering from obesity and diabetes. Dr Agarwal’s Eye Hospital is a renowned hospital for cataract treatment and various other treatments related to the eye. They take special care in cataracts treatment and the cataract operation. So if you feel like your eye is giving some kind of pain or difficulty in seeing things, consult a doctor today.