Salesforce is known for its CRM system. Salesforce company is committed to consistent innovation. As Salesforce helps streamline the industry’s operations, its approach toward continuous innovation is quite noteworthy. Due to this, the test automation Salesforce is essential so that continuous development can be streamlined.
Automation Testing of Salesforce
Automated tools to execute the test case suite are called Salesforce automation testing. Identification of bugs and errors & minimization of human intervention is the main objective of automation. However, the test automation Salesforce is required because of the following reasons:-
- Automation of routine task
- Less human intervention
- To uphold the quality of the existing Salesforce application
- To hold the regression testing
- To find out the errors and bugs
Challenges in Salesforce Testing
Delivering the updates to the users is challenging as Salesforce releases frequent updates. Though Salesforce streamlines the operations of businesses, it still possesses some significant challenges. The dynamic pop-ups and DOM in Salesforce are tricky to test and automate as they require programming and coding. The complex interface of the cloud makes the test automation of Salesforce complicated. Furthermore, if the migration is taken out from the classic interface to the lighting surface, the process of building the test scripts becomes complex. Salesforce provides frameworks such as Visualforce, Aura, Apex, and Lightning Web Components. This provides developers an edge to design custom pages on the top of Salesforce lighting. However, the likelihood of personalization decreases with each update.
How Does Automation Testing Help In Salesforce?
Automation Testing minimizes the scope of human error. There is no requirement to remember all the suits of test cases that were executed in the past. However, the test automation Salesforce automatically executes the suits of test cases.
Automation does not eliminate manual testing; it helps in the repetitive execution of test cases and speeds up the development process.
As the market evolves and becomes competitive, Salesforce updates its applications and periodically customizes and personalizes the features. However, carrying out all these things is quite expensive, but the test automation of Salesforce smoothens the operations. The process of automation testing helps minimize the cost.
Improved Productivity of Staff
Automation testing leverages the workforce to focus on more critical tasks. For example, automation testing enables the workforce to focus on quality assurance rather than spending their time on the execution of repetitive tasks.
Key Tips for Implementing the Salesforce Testing Framework
- No Code Test Script: It enables organizations to build and change the features of applications without a deep understanding of the coding and programming language.
- High-Test Coverage: This particular feature supports in comprehending the APIs and the SFDC and helps to know whether they are connected to the interface of test automation Salesforce
- Continuous Analysis: The continuous monitoring of the operations in an organization aids the team in evaluating the risk associated with the applications.
How to Choose the Right Automation Testing Tool for Salesforce?
Choosing the code-based platform is not convenient for test automation in Salesforce because it can lead to a high maintenance cost in the near future. However, selecting the platform that can simplify the process of automating the salesforce helps smoothen business operations. Below given are the features you can look at while choosing the automated tool for Salesforce:-
- Low Learning Curve: Choosing the no-code test automation platform enables technical and non-technical users to participate in the process of automating Salesforce.
- Automated Maintenance of Test Scripts: Choose a tool that automatically maintains repetitive test scripts. For instance, if in case, any kind of interruption occurs in the automation, then the self-healing test automation technologies help in fixing the broken test cases.
- Integration with the Latest Technology: Go for a tool that can support the latest technologies like ML and OCR (Optical Character Recognition) to identify objects naturally.
Choose Opkey for the Automation of Salesforce
Opkey supports AI-powered automation tools that accelerate the creation of test cases compared to other tools. It comprises the complete test script that helps test both the interface of Salesforce, which is classic, and lighting without any dependency. As it is a no-code platform, it easily generates test cases and accelerates the implementation, migration, and upgradation processes by providing a tool that is easy to use.
Opkey is an enterprise-grade test automation solution with encrypted in-flight data storage.
Opkey’s solution for test automation Salesforce reduces the testing time from months to minutes. The communication with the Salesforce API collects metadata particular to your instance, assesses data flow, customization, and business logic, and produces test cases at the touch of a button.
Moreover, users can take advantage of framework testing that does not break with every upgrade in Salesforce. The testing of both classic and lighting versions can test across almost every browser, operating system, and device and can easily incorporate testing tools to validate and verify the code.
You must be logged in to post a comment.