Tens of thousands of women around the world seek relief for their particular physiological problems from a specialist, known as a Gynaecologist. In simple words, a gynecologist is a doctor who specializes in women’s health and focuses mainly on diagnosing and treatment of problems related to the female reproductive system. So, if you have been wondering “Where to find the best Gynaecologist near me, then this article will help you immensely.
Gynecologists handle various medical problems that women usually face, such as:
- SITs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Hormonal disorders, etc
Gynecologists are specially trained to manage the health of the female reproductive organs. Most women visit a gynecologist right after puberty, in their early teen years.
When should I see a Gynaecologist?
If you have been pondering about the best Gynaecologist near me, then you have come to the right place. Here are several specific symptoms and situations that may require you to visit a well-trained and experienced gynecologist near you:
- Problem with pregnancy, menstruation, fertility, and menopause
- Family planning – including sterilization, contraception, and terminating a pregnancy
- STIs – Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Issues with tissues that support pelvic organs, such as ligaments and muscles
- Urinary and fecal incontinence
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Benign disorders of the reproductive tract – such as fibroids, ovarian cysts, breast problems, vaginal and vulvar ulcers, non-cancerous changes, etc
- Reproductive system cancer, breast cancer, pregnancy-related tumors
- Emergency care related to gynecology
- Pelvic inflammatory diseases
- Congenital disabilities in the female reproductive system
- Sexuality conditions
- Sexual dysfunction
- Psychiatric conditions – personality disorders, depression, etc
- Cardiovascular disease
- Thyroid disorders, other hormonal problems
- Sexual assault
- Domestic violence
What are the Treatments that a Gynaecologist Near Me can Provide?
If you are searching for the top Gynaecologist near me, then you should first ensure that the professional is well-experienced and certified by the relevant medical boards. There are several standard diagnostic procedures and treatments that a trained and expert gynecologist can provide.
Some of the significant diagnostic tests that a gynaecologist is trained to perform are:
- Ultrasound scans
- Pap smear tests
- Endometrial biopsy – Taking tissue sample from the uterus lining
- Colposcopy – Microscopic examination of the cervix
- Hysteroscopy – Using an endoscope to view the uterus
Some of the surgical treatments that a certified gynaecologist is trained to perform are:
- Preparing the patient for surgery
- Minor surgical treatments – e.g. sterilization
- Laparoscopy – minimally invasive surgical procedure for diagnosis and surgical treatment
- Primary surgical treatments – removing fibroids from the uterus
- Post-surgical care – treating potential complications after surgical treatment
Tips for finding the Best Gynaecologist near Me?
There are several ways to answer your question of “which is the best gynaecologist near me?” First off, your physician or family doctor can recommend the top Gynecologist in your area.
Second, you can perform a simple Google search and find all about gynecologists in your vicinity. Third, you can consult others who have undergone gynecological treatment. And get a recommendation for their Gynecologist.