SEO is a complicated field, and it can be hard to know where to start. But, with the right advice and a little bit of research, you’ll soon find that hiring an SEO agency is easier than you think. Here are some tips on how to choose an SEO or link building agency that suits your needs:
Look for customer testimonials.
The best way to gauge the quality of an SEO agency is by looking at their customer testimonials.
- Check their website and social media pages for customer reviews, as well as testimonials that they may have published elsewhere (such as in a marketing brochure or article).
- Look for positive comments about the service provided by the agency, along with any specific information about how much traffic was generated by them.
Check out the agency’s website.
Look for information about the company, team and clients. But most importantly, look for information about their services. What kind of SEO do they offer? Do they provide content marketing strategies or just basic link-building? If you want to learn more about a specific topic like content strategy or local SEO, make sure that it’s covered in detail on their site so that you can see whether or not this would be a good fit for you and your business goals.
Talk to a salesperson or consultant.
If you’re looking to hire an SEO agency, it’s important to talk with a salesperson or consultant. They’ll be able to answer your questions and help you understand what they do, how they work with clients and what their process is like.
You should also ask for references so that you can speak with other people who have worked with this agency before. This will give you a better idea of whether or not this agency would be a good fit for your business (and vice versa).
Is the agency willing to answer questions quickly?
Before you make your choice, ask yourself these questions:
- How quickly can they respond to my questions? Will they answer them in a timely manner or will it take days or weeks for me to get an answer?
- Are they willing to provide references from past clients I can speak with about their experience working with this agency? This will give you an idea of how the agency operates in general and what kind of clients they work best with. If there are no references available online then try calling them up and asking if there are any available offline.
- How many past projects has this agency done that are similar to mine (i.e., does your project involve building e-commerce sites like Shopify stores)? This will show how experienced they are at doing similar projects before accepting yours as well as giving insight into their pricing structure based on the scope of work needed per project type (e-commerce vs website redesign).
How long has the agency been in business?
When choosing an SEO agency, it’s important to consider how long they have been in business. An older agency is likely to have more experience and be more reliable than a newer one. A good reputation is also gained over time and an established company will be able to provide references from previous clients that you can contact if you need extra reassurance.
If the agency has only been around for a short period of time then there may not be enough data about them online yet but this doesn’t necessarily mean that they aren’t good at what they do – just that their reputation hasn’t had a chance to build up yet!