First black nationalist and first black president of South Africa, Nelson Mandela was a social rights activist, philanthropist, and politician. Mandela was a robust and resilient voice against racial discrimination in South Africa. His peaceful political career is a telltale story of how he led a peaceable and nonviolent rebelliousness against the government of South Africa and its racial policies.
Mandela quotes on multiple occasions that how racial discrimination creates moral, social, and economic collapse in society. He was an adamant and fearless voice against all discrimination odds and spent 27 years in jail to let his voice be heard.
Nelson Mandela Quotes about Education
Mandela always mentioned on manifold occasions the importance of education. He often stated that education is a powerful tool that can be used to change mind, perception, and hence the world. Mandela’s quotes about education are revered to evaluate education. Mandela often used to quote that in a life full of ups and downs make education yours only constant. Mandela was solicitous of education as he had perceived the significance of education in his early life. Mandela opted for knowledge as an influential tool to polish his skills and continued to keep learning even during his period of prison. Making education a state of mind and existence, Mandela lured about how education is a virtual sphere to attain knowledge and understanding.
- “I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony and with equal opportunities.”
- “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
- “The power of education extends beyond the development of skills we need for economic success. It can contribute to nation-building and reconciliation.”
- “A good head and good heart are always a formidable combination. But when you add to that a literate tongue or pen, then you have something very special.”
- “Young people must take it upon themselves to ensure that they receive the highest education possible so that they can represent us well in the future as future leaders.”
- “Without language, one cannot talk to people and understand them; one cannot share their hopes and aspirations, grasp their history, appreciate their poetry, or savor their songs.”
- “No country can really develop unless its citizens are educated.”
- “It is not beyond our power to create a world in which all children have access to a good education. Those who do not believe this has small imaginations.”
What did Nelson Mandela Fight for?
Mandela wanted to make this world a better place to live in for his people, by fighting for their equal rights, racial discrimination, and a free society for everyone with equal opportunity and harmony. He was adamantly against black and white domination. Nelson Mandela Quotes pleasantly translates that how utterly he wanted a democratic society for his people. His utmost goal was to live for his goal and die fulfilling his goal.
Mandela raised his voice and fought against the white supremacy system in Africa. Mandela refused to give up on his struggle against racial supremacy and fought for justice, dignity, freedom, and a state where everyone would be treated equally despite the color of his skin. His efforts brought fruitful results in the end and became the country’s first democratically elected president.
Nelson Mandela is one true legacy of hope and determination. Mandela’s life is so stimulating and thought-provoking that multiple authors have chosen his life to personify his life through documentaries, biopics, and movies. There are several movies produced under the Mandela movie banner that covers his lifetime history about childhood, education, struggle, and political career. The Mandela movie was even nominated for an Academy Award in 1997 for Best documentary feature.
Checking through the lives of endeavoring leaders who were ferocious voices against tyranny, discrimination, and racial supremacy and how steadily but positively they progressed to end the domination provides stirring insights to lead a motivating life. There are dozens of such motivating stories on different virtual platforms, about different celebs, from around the limelight town who might originate a ray of light to lead a meaningful life within you.