National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the tentative NEET Exam Dates for 2020. The new NEET Exam Dates are – Admit Cards will be released 15 days before the exam, and the exam will happen on September 13, 2020. Besides the NEET Exam Dates, candidates must follow a certain set of guidelines on the day of examination. These guidelines are the dos and don’ts for the examination day.
With NEET Exam Dates approaching, aspirants must be aware of all rules and regulations and prepare for the exam. All these are essential to give the exam smoothly. In this article, we will discuss them, so please scroll down.
NEET Exam Dates – What is the Exam Day Schedule?
With NEET Exam Dates released, the next thing aspirants must know the schedule of the Exam Day. The schedule is given below:
|Sitting in the Examination Hall||1:15 PM onwards|
|Last Entry to Exam Hall||1:30 PM|
|Announcement of Instructions and checking of Admit Card||1:30 PM to 1:45 PM|
|Distribution of Test Booklet||1:45 PM|
|Writing of Particulars on Test Booklet||1:50 PM|
|Commencement of Exam||2:00 PM|
|Test Ends||5:00 PM|
Which Documents to Carry on Exam Day
With the NEET Exam Dates near, besides preparing, the candidates must know the documents they need to carry. Without such documents, candidates will not be allowed to appear for the examination. So, let’s check them out.
- Admit card with a passport size photo affixed on it.
- Two passport-sized photographs, one for attendance sheet, and one for proforma downloaded with the admit card.
- For Proforma, the photo should be of (4×6) size and should be a colored photograph with white background
- Valid Original Identity proof
- PwD certificate, if applicable
Note: Proforma should be submitted with the invigilator
NEET Exam Dates – Things not to Carry on Exam Day
NTA has laid a list of things that are not allowed inside the examination hall and the NEET Exam Dates. All the students appearing for the exam will be required to go through checking at the examination center’s gate. The frisking will be done by the officials appointed, using highly sensitive metal detectors. Candidates found with any of these things will be barred from the examination. Given below is the list of this disbarred things as per NTA:
- Any textbooks, notes, paper other than the Admit card and valid ID proof will not be permitted inside the examination hall.
- Any electronic gadget, mobile phones, wristwatch, smart calculators, earphones, Bluetooth devices, etc. are strictly prohibited.
- Any stationary material, writing pads, pencil, pen, eraser, etc. will not be permitted inside the examination hall.
- Accessories like bags, wallets, belts, caps, handbags, etc. will also be not permitted inside the examination hall.
- Any eatables or water bottles will also not be allowed inside the examination hall.
- Ornaments like earrings, nose rings, bangles, hand bands, rings, etc. are strictly prohibited.
Note: The exam center will not be liable for your belongings.
The Dress Code for NEET 2020
All the candidates appearing for NEET 2020 are required to follow a certain dress code for the examination as laid by NTA. NTA has released the dress code for both male and female candidates and the tentative NEET Exam Dates. Candidates are required to stick to the given dress code to avoid delays or disbarment from the examination.
Candidates are advised to wear casual clothes. Wearing half sleeves, clothes, long sleeves, clothes are strictly prohibited. Any type of shoes, boots, heels, etc. is strictly prohibited. Candidates are advised to wear either slippers or open-toed sandals.
Apart from this, candidates should report at the examination center by 12:30 PM on NEET Exam Date, to avoid delays while getting frisked.
NEET Exam Dates – Guidelines for Exam Hall
- Only admit cards, and valid identity proof will be allowed inside the examination hall.
- During the exam, candidates will be given a seat number. One must sit on the correct seat number.
- Since wristwatches are not allowed inside the examination hall, invigilators will announce the time for the students’ benefits.
- Candidates will be required to sign the answer sheet twice- once at the beginning of the exam and the end of the examination.
- Candidates will also be required to give their fingerprints.
- Candidates must make sure that the test booklet carries the same Page number, as mentioned in the test cover booklet. Candidates will also be given 5 minutes to check the same.
- Candidates will be provided with a ballpoint pen inside the examination hall to mark the OMR sheet’s answers.
- Candidates must write the same serial number on the OMR sheet as provided in the test booklet.
- Candidates must make sure that both sides of the OMR sheet are filled and submitted to the invigilator.
NEET 2020: General Instructions for Exam Day
NTA has also released general instructions along with the NEET Exam Dates. Candidates are advised to reach at least an hour early on the day of examination to avoid traffic jams or any last-minute disruption. No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall after 1:30 PM.
Candidates must carry the following documents on the day of examination and be in the prescribed dress code. Aspirants must not carry any prohibited items to the examination hall.
Finally, aspirants can only leave the examination hall by 5 PM. We hope this article will help you know the Exam Day Guidelines and the NEET Exam Dates. Stay calm, stay healthy during these final days before the exam.