National Testing Agency (NTA), the conducting board of JEE Main has released the JEE Main admit card on August 17. Candidates taking up the JEE Main exam this September can download the JEE Main Admit Card from the official website now. To download the admit card, students will need to log in with their Application Number, and Name. A candidate must carry the admit card that has been released by NTA along with other documents during the day of the exam.
NTA has recently added another feature in the wake of COVID-19, which is an “Online Undertaking”. This Undertaking has to be duly signed and carried during the exam along with the JEE Main Admit Card. The JEE Main Admit Card for the September session will have four pages. Page 2 will have all “Important Instructions for Candidates”, and Pages 3 and 4 will have an “Advisory for Candidates” with regards to COVID-19. Here we will discuss the JEE Main Admit Card and how to download the same.
Steps to download the JEE Main admit card for the year 2020
Below mentioned are the steps to download the JEE Main, Admit Card:
- Visit the official website of NTA for JEE Main (https://jeemain.nta.nic.in)
- Click on the link that reads “JEE Main 2020 Admit Card“.
- You shall be asked to enter your details such as date of birth and application number.
- Thoroughly read and sign the undertaking form about COVID 19.
- Now, proceed on downloading the admit card by clicking on the button that reads ‘Download admit card’.
- The admit card shall be downloaded and take a print out of the same.
The Online Undertaking of JEE Main 2020
- This section has been specially made for the year 2020 due to the outbreak of COVID 19.
- Candidates shall have to complete the section by answering questions related to COVID-19, such as if any sickness in recent days and others.
- This section must be filled while downloading the JEE Main Admit Card by answering and signing.
- A candidate shall be eligible to take up the exam only after completing the section.
Details mentioned in the JEE Main Admit Card 2020
A candidate appearing for the examination must note the following information on JEE Main Admit Card carefully:
- Applicant’s name
- Application number
- Roll number
- Father’s/Guardian’s name
- Name of the course
- Date of birth of the candidate
- Gender of the candidate
- Category, the candidate, belongs to
- State of eligibility
- Candidate’s photograph
- PwD Status(if any)
- City of the exam center
- Centre code
- Date and shift of examination
- Undertaking Paper (Paper-I/Paper-II/Paper-III)
- Photograph of the candidate
- Signature of the candidate
- Signature of a parent
- Important instructions
If you have forgotten the JEE Main 2020 Password, Follow these instructions
Aspirants have no reason to panic if the registered password is forgotten. They have to follow the below-mentioned steps to recover and create a new password:
- Visit the official website of JEE Main conducted by NTA (https://jeemain.nta.nic.in)
- Click on the link that reads ‘Forgot password’.
- Answer all the duly questions for security checks.
- A verification code/OTP shall be sent to the registered mobile number.
- A link for resetting of the password shall be sent to the registered email ID.
- Open your email inbox and click on the ‘reset password’ link.
- You shall be guided to a new tab n requested to enter a secure new password.
- Log in using the new password and proceed with downloading processes.
Passwords are important to download your JEE Main Admit Card, so it is better aspirants note it down somewhere to avoid any hassle.
Exam day instructions mentioned in JEE Mains Admit Card 2020
- Every candidate shall be provided with a pen/ pencil and blank paper sheets for rough inside the examination hall.
- Candidates shouldn’t fail to mention their name and roll number at the top of the sheet and submit they are admitted card to the invigilator before leaving the examination hall.
- Candidates with diabetes shall carry edibles such as sugar pills, fruits, and transparent water-filled water bottles inside the exam hall.
- Candidates must sit only on the seats allocated for them.
- Candidates shall take up the exam from their allotted centers only.
- Candidates without an admit card shall not be permitted inside the examination hall.
- Vacating the exam examination hall before the disclosure time is prohibited.
Items to carry on JEE Main exam day:
NTA, the exam conduction board, will enable aspirants to move JEE Main 2020 admit card, Self-declaration form, a transparent ballpoint pen, a transparent water bottle, a sanitizer containing alcohol, Passport-sized photograph, a geometry box, and colouring items should be carried by candidates appearing for JEE Main paper 2.
The national testing agency has added a few more guidelines and formats to the admit cards of session 2:
- The Undertaking must be carried along with the JEE Main 2020 Admit Cards.
- Candidates must carry their JEE Main Admit Cards to the examination centre.
- Every candidate shall get their admit cards scanned at the examination centres using barcodes printed on it.
- Candidates must submit they admit cards at the dropbox after the exam along with the undertaking form.
- If aspirants fail to follow any of the steps mentioned above, they wouldn’t be allowed to take up the test.
A candidate must always remember that NTA, at any cost, shall not issue a duplicate admit card. If anyone has made any mistake or wants changes should immediately contact the organizing board. Candidates aren’t allowed to make any further changes on the issued JEE Main Admit Card. Candidates appearing for JEE Main 2020, had plenty of time due to lockdown announced by the government. No, with the exam nearing, one must stay relaxed and focus on final preparation. Use the one month time wisely to achieve greater heights!