Pregnancy is a crucial time when a woman undergoes a lot of changes. Most of the time, these changes are very hard to handle. Among all the other changes, the blood pressure would also change a bit. Most of the time women face low blood pressure and that is the reason doctors tend to check blood pressure during checkups. Low blood pressure during pregnancy is a common thing but if you would not take it seriously then problems can take place.
It is a fact that just the reading of your blood pressure can reveal a lot about your body so it becomes important to balance it. Pregnancy is the time when a woman needs to be sure about her health and most of the time blood pressure plays an important role. Doctors also guess about health conditions by just checking the blood pressure of a person. There can be other causes as well that can make a woman face Low Blood pressure during pregnancy. It is always better to know about the ways to deal with it so that no complication could take place. Here are some ways to deal with Low Blood pressure during pregnancy that you should know:
Factors that encourage low blood pressure among pregnant women:
- Dehydration can be a major problem in this case. If you often drink less water then there are chances that you would face low blood pressure.
- Pregnant women usually face anemia and this is one of the most common reasons behind Low Blood pressure during pregnancy. It is always better to check anemia during this time.
- Internal bleeding is not very common but if any woman would get injured during pregnancy then internal bleeding can take place. If this problem would not be treated then low blood pressure would be common along with other complications.
- Pregnancy comes with a lot of changes and so there would be medicines to support health conditions. Sometimes, a woman can face low blood pressure due to the effect of any particular medicine.
- Infection or allergic reactions are two common causes of Low Blood pressure during pregnancy. If you are facing any of this then low blood pressure would be a common thing for you.
- Too much stress can also make you face Low Blood pressure during pregnancy. Pregnancy is the time when women take a lot of stress as different thoughts keep on popping into mind. If you would not handle the stress level then low blood pressure would be a common thing for you.
- Nutritional deficiency is the most common cause of Low Blood pressure during pregnancy. Most of the time women fail to understand their body needs and so they lack nutrients. It is very important to consult with a dietician to know about a proper diet during pregnancy. This will help the pregnant lady stay healthy and handle blood pressure like a pro.
Ways to handle low blood pressure during pregnancy:
There are not too many ways to tackle Low Blood pressure during pregnancy but some changes may help you in this case. These are some of the best ways to deal with Low Blood pressure during pregnancy:
Avoid standing for a long time:
If you would stand for a long time then that would make you tired. This is one common cause of Low Blood pressure during pregnancy. Even if you have to stand in a queue then also that should be for a few minutes and not more than that time. Some light exercises would also help you in this case.
Do not miss meals rather you should keep on taking small meals:
Pregnancy is that time for every woman when she undergoes taste changes. Women may feel like not eating anything and this can cause low blood pressure. It would be great for you if you would plan your meals for the day and stick to them. You can have small meals throughout the day. Even if you would eat less then also you would eat frequently.
Avoid hot water bath during this time:
Hot water releases the blood pressure so it would make you face low blood pressure. If you often face high blood pressure then you can think of having a lot of hot water baths otherwise you should skip it. You should always choose lukewarm water for your bathing purposes as it would maintain your blood pressure.
Keep yourself hydrated throughout the day:
As we already know that dehydration is the best friend of low blood pressure. If you avoid having enough liquid during pregnancy then you might have to face low blood pressure. To avoid the situation, you should keep on having liquids. Apart from water, you can also have coconut water or fresh fruit juice as well.
Do not suffocate yourself in tight clothes during the time of pregnancy:
It is just a bad idea to wear clothes that are very tight. If you would go out of comfort at this time then you have to face Low Blood pressure during pregnancy. It is always a good idea to choose loose and comfy clothes during this time. Oversized clothes seem to be the best option in this case.