Main Features of the GM Diet Plan
The General Motors diet, popularly known as the GM Diet is one diet plan that promises the impossible! Yes, it is a diet plan that can help you lose at least 15 pounds (6.8 kg) in just one week. I know the first thought that comes to your mind is that you’ll probably have to give up eating altogether for those seven days. No, not at all, you can eat your food and still lose weight, but of course in moderation.
It is really nothing sort of a miracle, imagine losing 5 -6 kgs of weight in a week, anyone would have would have been ecstatic if they manage to lose weight within such a short time period! I included! So, what is the GM Diet all about?
The GM Diet – Some Key Features
The GM diet was conceptualized in the year 1985, supposedly created for the employees of General Motors in 1985. Thought many regards this as a myth, the truth is, this diet plan works and how! Let us unravel some of the key features of this popular diet plan,
- The diet is for seven days only! How cool is that! But the downside is, it is not as easy as it sounds. There are some strict guidelines involved in the kind of foods you should consume. For example, day 1 is all about fruits, day 2 is about the kind of veggies and yes, you cannot have your favorite rice, roti or bread with fruits and veggies. Not very easy right?
- Now for the good part, you can lose about 15 pounds (6.8 kgs) in a week!!
- It helps your body to get rid of the toxins and impurities that accumulate in your body.
- And yes, because you eat clean, okay as you are forced to eat clean your digestion undergoes a sea change, for the better of course!
- Your body finally goes into fat-burning mode! Wow! Aren’t you loving the diet already?
- The diet mainly works because the foods you have to consume are low in calories! ( no fried stuff, sigh) Lots of fruits and veggies! The more and the merrier!
- So, how does this diet work? ‘Cause you end up creating a major calorie deficit, so this basically means you consume less and burn more!
- You also consume lots of negative-calorie foods, so that means it provides fewer calories than the time they take to digest.
- The foods are also full of water and hence you accelerate fat loss and end up losing weight.
- Though the diet completes in 7 days, you can repeat a number of times, like you follow the diet and then give it a break, then you keep following the diet till you get the results you want.
- Drink copious amounts of water, as much as you want and then drink some more! It is one way of putting a lid on your hunger pangs! 8-12 is a good number to start with.
- To exercise or not to exercise, well we will leave that up to you, but some light exercises help the weight loss plan and knock off the extra weight with ease. You may not be able to exercise the first three days, but its okay, you can skip for those few days and continue to exercise for the rest of the days. Try going for a walk, or do some yoga.
- Also, you can have the “wonder soup” that helps satisfy your hunger cravings. It’s pretty healthy as it contains a whole lot of veggies such as cabbage, tomatoes, onions, and bell peppers.
The GM Diet – The Food List
The GM diet is all about 7 days and 7 rules, each day includes different food groups.
Your eating plan is right here, keep your refrigerator stocked with as much as fruits and veggies as you possibly can. But there are some exceptions, read on to find out more.
This is the fruits an only day — sadly no bananas and mangoes, please! Eat as many fruits as you can. Melons are highly recommended as it has weight loss properties.
This is officially the veggie day. However do not fry it please, have it in either raw form or you can lightly sauté it. Have as many veggies as you can, however, potatoes are restricted to mornings only.
Okay, are you bored of having fruits and veggies? Well, the only good thing about day 3 is, you can combine veggies and fruits on day three. Sadly, still no bananas for you!
Surprise, surprise finally you can cater to your other taste buds and have something such as bananas and milk. So, it is a milk and banana day and you simply cannot have anything else on that day. 8 bananas and 3 glasses of milk, spread it out all across the day. If you are bored churn it into a banana shake but do skip the sugar!
Finally, you get to eat meat, not too much though, eat two 10-ounce (284-gram) portions of chicken. Beef, or fish. Vegetarians you can replace the meat with cottage cheese. Besides meat, you can have 6 whole tomatoes. Do take lots of water on this day to flush out the excess uric acid.
The sixth day gives greater relief to your taste palette. You can include two 10-ounce (284-gram) portions of chicken, chicken, beef or fish. You can have a large number of veggies but remember you cannot have potatoes. Vegetarians can have cottage cheese again. Continue to take large amounts of water.
The day seven is a cakewalk compared to the other days since carbs find its way back to your plate! Welcome back carbs! J Besides, brown rice you can add the usual suspects such as fruits, fruit juice, and vegetables and as much as you can!
So, now that you know what each day looks like, at least as far as your diet goes, are you willing to give it a try? Remember after you round off with the diet, do continue to eat clean and train dirty to sustain your hard – earned weight loss efforts.http://itsmyownway.com/main-features-of-the-gm-diet-plan/http://itsmyownway.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/gm-diet-plan.jpeghttp://itsmyownway.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/gm-diet-plan-150x150.jpegDietHealthDiet Plan,GM Diet PlanThe General Motors diet, popularly known as the GM Diet is one diet plan that promises the impossible! Yes, it is a diet plan that can help you lose at least 15 pounds (6.8 kg) in just one week. I know the first thought that comes to your mind...admin firstname.lastname@example.orgAdministratorItsMyOwnWay